There are many foods out there that promote healthier skin. Try these raw foods for their optimum benefit.
1) Kale & Spinach - helps keep skin firm because they contain phytonutrients that provide extra protection from sun damage. Try to get about 3 cups of spinach or kale or both in salad form every week.
2) Walnuts & Pistachios - they are both s rich source of Vit B and E that protect against cell damage. Vit E reduces premature aging of skin while Vit B1 aids circulation to give skin a healthy youthful glow. Eat them raw or toasted slightly.
3) Berries or Citrus - we all know about blueberries being a powerful anti oxidant while citrus fruits contain Vit C that helps boost soft supple skin. Have blueberries and other fresh fruits salad every day.
4) Apples - these fruits are also high in Vit C which aid in collagen production. The copper in Apples also aids in the production of melanin which works as s natural sun protector. Have an apple everyday either by itself or in salad or yoghurt.
5) Almond Milk - this nut milk is great for your skin. Apart from containing collagen producing copper, it also contains manganese which helps protect skin from UV damage. Use Almond Milk like your regular milk.
Apparently in 2013, Americans spent $11.4 billion on hair care products. Wow! That is a whole lot of money spent on chemicaly laden concoctions.
It really couldn't hurt to use more natural products to pamper our crowning glory.
Here is a list of one ingredient masks using things found in a typical kitchen. You will be doing good for the environment, these things are safer for your hair and it is a lot cheaper too.
1) Eggs - they are great for slathering to make your hair look awesome. For oily hair, use just the whites while for dry hair, the yolks. Apply about 1/2 cup of whichever part of the eggs you are using onto clean damp hair. If your hair is longer, you may need more. Leave it on for 20 mins and then rinse with tepid water and then shampoo.
2) Beer - beer can add pep and courage to limp hair just like how it empowers the shy. It contains yeast and vitamins which gives body and shine to otherwise limp hair. Pour one cup of flat ( no fizz) beer through your hair after shampooing and allow it to soak for 3-4 minutes before rinsing with tepid water.
3) Cornstarch - it acts like dry shampoo by absorbing that extra grease in your hair. Sprinkle one tbsp of cornstarch onto your hair and gently work it in. Then, after 10 mins, brush it out completely.
4) Yoghurt - with its lactic acid and dairy fat, yoghurt both strips away residue that is dulling your hair and helps to moisturizer as well. Massage 1/2 cup of full fat yoghurt into dry hair, let sit for 20 mins. Rinse and shampoo as usual.
5) Avocado - helps to tame frizzy hair because of its oils and vitamins. Mash up half an avocado and massage onto damp hair, leave on for 15 mins and then rinse and shampoo as usual. You can also add 1 tbsp of yoghurt to boost your taming.
6) Honey - is there anything honey can't do? It's like this miracle syrup that works wonders. It helps to clear dandruff and itchy scalp as well. And make your hair shiny too!! Use 90% honey with only 10% warm water and massage into scalp for a few minutes. Wear a shower cap for 3 hours. Rinse it out and wash your hair as usual. Do this every other day for 4 weeks and then once a week to prevent it coming back. I agree it's quite tedious but your dandruff and itchy scalp will disappear naturally.
Acne can't be prevented but these natural steps help in their treatment.
1) Hygiene - it is important to frequently clean your face with facial soap and water so that excess oil can be removed. Gently exfoliate your skin regularly to remove the dead cells that have accumulated in your pores.
2)Do not Try to Squeeze or Remove Acne - a lot of people can't wait to get rid of them but squeezing or trying other means to remove them might leave a permanent scar on your face. Wait out the different stages while applying some kind of acne ointment.
3) Try natural home remedies
a) Pulp Aloe Vera and apply on the affected skin several times a day.
b) Apply Lemon Juice on the affected area, at night because sunlight sometimes stains the skin.
c) Milk and Oatmeal make an excellent exfoliant to remove excess oil and dead cells. Mix 3 tbsps of oatmeal with a little hot milk to form a paste. Let it cool and then apply on the face for 15 mins.
d) Boil a Carrot and then puree it. Cool and then apply the mush on your affected skin for 20 mins.
e) Lastly, Garlic has antibacterial and antibiotic properties that significantly helps to improve acne. Eating it raw is recommended.