Ingredients (Serve 4 as aside dish)
- 1 tsp Chana dal
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp urad dal
- 1 medium onion,chopped
- 1 tsp ginger, pounded
- 1 green Chilli , sliced
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp Chilli powder
- 3 potatoes, boiled, skinned and cut into medium sized cubes.
- Coriander leaves, chopped
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- Heat a medium pot and fry the Chana dal, mustard seeds and urad dal in the canola oil.
- Then, add in the chopped onions, ginger and green Chilli.
- Once onion is translucent and cooked, add in the spice powders and salt.
- Stir and let it cook for 2-3 mins.
- Then add in the cubed potatoes and chopped coriander leaves. Add 2 cups of water and let the gravy boil. Mash a few potatoes to thicken the gravy.
- Switch off the fire after 3-5 mins.
Note: you can also thicken the gravy by adding in corn flour mixed with water. Roughly 1 tbsp with 3 tbsps tap water. Add it in the last stage when you are about to switch off the fire.