As long as you have you have some vegetables and eggs at home, you can easily whip up a frittata. Frittata is an egg based Italian dish similar to an omelette or a crustless quiche with added ingredients like meats or vegetables. It is quite a wholesome meal with the protein from the eggs and the vitamins and minerals from the vegetables.
Broccoli in a Frittata? Why not? And frittata doesn't always have to have whole eggs. Why not just egg white only for a twist?
Ingredients (Serves 2)
A small piece of broccoli flower (roughly 100gm) broken into small florets
2 tbsp canola oil
1 medium onion, thinly sliced
2 - 4 garlic gloves, thinly sliced
1/2 yellow bell pepper, sliced into small strips
6 egg whites
Salt & Pepper
4 cherry tomatoes halved
2 tbsp crumbles feta cheese
1) Boil the broccoli florets in salted water for 5 minutes.
2) Drain, then plunge into cold water to retain that beautiful green hue.
3) Take a frying pan and fry the the onion, garlic and bell pepper for 8-10mins till the vegetables are softened.
4) Beat the egge whites with pepper and salt.
5) Add the boiled broccoli into the pan and stir.
6) Pour the egg white into the pan.
7) Add a few cherry tomato halves for colour.
8) Cover and cook for 10 mins on low heat till the top is cooked as well.
9) Serve warm for breakfast or as a side for any other meal.
Hi guys! I have shared my dishes here for you to cook for your own family with love and most importantly with their long term good health in mind.