I had a bag of new potatoes to unload and I also had cajun seasoning which I had bought months earlier but didn't get a chance to use it in any dish. Needless to say but I will still go ahead and mention it, I kinda hit two apples with one stone with this dish!!
Cajun cuisine is a style of cooking named for the French speaking Acadian people deported by the British from the Acadia in Canada to the Acadian region in Lousiana. It is more of a rustic cuisine where preparation is very simple ( yes very!) and locally available products are used. Shrimp and pork sausages are staple meats of the Cajun cuisine. Cajun seasoning consists of a blend of salt and a variety of spices but mostly cayenne pepper and garlic, resulting in an aromatic spicy flavorful dish. Yum...
This dish of new potatoes sauted in cajun seasoning was indeed very flavorful and would be a great hit at parties and barbeques!
Ingredients (Serves 2-3)
2 -3 tbsps EVOO
20 new potatoes
4 cloves of garlic
1/2 cup sliced scallions
2 tsps cajun seasoning
Extra sliced scallions for garnish
1 tsp chilli flakes for the topping
1) Scrub and boil the new potatoes in salted water till cooked. Slice lengthwise and keep aside.
2) Heat a medium sized pan and pour 2 - 3 tbps EVOO. Fry the scallions and garlic till light brown.
3) Add in the 2 tsp cajun seasoning and mix well for 2-3 mins.
A close up of the cajun seasoning. We can see granules of garlic, cayenne pepper, bell pepper, parsley, celery and rock salt.
4) This will be followed by the boiled new potatoes.
5) Give it a good mix and let the flavors absorb into the potatoes. Check for salt and add, if necessary.
6) Top with the cubed avocados and a dash of chilli flakes. Serve hot immediately!
Hi guys! I have shared my dishes here for you to cook for your own family with love and most importantly with their long term good health in mind.