I loathe cold weather having experienced harsh winter while living in Bluebell, Pennsylvania 2 years ago.. It once went as low as -17deg C (or 1 deg F) ! I remember stepping out to buy groceries that bright sunny day (yes it was sunny and -17deg C!!) with my husband Anand and how the chilling wind actually hurt our faces. Had to switfly cover my entire face with my scarf only to leave my eyes uncovered. Anyway, do try baking these easy Cheesy Garlic Slices. They will surely complete your simple soup wholesomely.
Ingredients (for 6 slices)
- 6 country loaf slices (bigger than regular baguette)
- 6 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- 1/2 cup of English parsley
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup grated mozzarella
- Extra parsley for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 180 deg C or 350 deg F.
- Blend the garlic cloves, oil, butter and English Parsley and then spread over the country loaf slices. Toast in the oven for 10 mins.
- Remove from oven, top with the grated mozarella cheese and reurn back to the oven for another 10 mins till the top is golden brown..
- Remove from oven and garnish with more parsley leaves.
- Serve hot wit your favourite soup and salad.