One of the easiest rice dish to make. Cooked rice is mixed with lemon juice , roasted peanuts and minimal seasonings. It is a common South Indian dish and best eaten with just chutney or yoghurt and some pappadams. Spicy, tangy, lemony and crunchy....
Ingredients (Serves 3)
1.5 cups Jasmine Rice
2.5 cups water
1/3 cup lemon juice
1 green chilli, sliced
10 curry lesve
1/3 cup peanuts, pan roasted
1 tsp turmeric powder
Salt per preference
Chopped coriander leaves for garnishing in the end
1/4 tsp mustard seeds
1/4 tsp urad dal
1 tbsp chana dal
2 dried chillies, cut
1) Firstly, pan roast the peanuts with 1 tsp of oil till crispy (roughly 5 minutes on medium heat).
2) Get all the ingredients ready.
3) Get a deep big pot and heat in 3 tbsp of canola oil. You will need this amount of oil to coat the rice grains evenly. Add in the ingredients for tempering and let them crackle and splutter.
4) Add in the sliced chilli and the curry leaves now.
5) Next, add the turmeric powder and salt and mix well. This will then be followed by the cooked rice.
6) Add the lemon juice and the roasted peanuts.
7) Lastly, add in the chopped coriander leaves and serve hot with your favourite curry.