An easy pudding that you can whip up under an hour and is low in calories and sugar. Full of tangy lemon and passionfruit goodness, it is sure to become a family favourite. As what my sister June said after a taste test 'it was so refreshing to the palate!'
Ingredients (yields 6 servings )
75gm melted butter
10 tbsps brown sugar
185ml skim milk
2 eggs, separated
1/4 cup lemon juice
50ml passionfruit pulp (about 2 passionfruits)
1 tsp lemon rind, finely grated
50gm self raising flour
Extra passionfruit pulp to serve
a few sprigs of mint leaves
6 large ramekins and a roasting pan
1) Preheat oven to 180deg C. Lightly grease the ramekins with butter. Set aside.
2) Place the melted butter,brown sugar,milk, egg yolks, lemon juice, passionfruitpulp, lemon rind and flour into a mixing bowl and whisk to combine.
3) Use electric beater to beat the egg whites till soft peaks form
4) Fold 1/3 of the egg white into the passionfruit mix and then the remaining egg white till well incoporated.
5) Divide the mix into the 6 prepared ramekins (I had space for only 4). Place them in a roasting pan and pour boiling water slowly to the pan till it reaches halfway up the sides of the ramekins.
6) Bake for 15 mins till its golden brown on top and the pudding slips away from the ramekin sides.
7) Top with more passionfruit and a small sprig of mint leave for a little bit of colour!
Hi guys! I have shared my dishes here for you to cook for your own family with love and most importantly with their long term good health in mind.