What a brilliant way to incorporate a guacamole and tomato salsa? And to serve this as starters to your guests will be a great way to get your guests go wow at your culinary skills and your ingenuity. I love avocados. Its green creamy flesh sits very well with me. And its so good for us too. Avocadoes offers nearly 20 vitamins in every serving, including potassium, lutein and folate. I'm not going too much into details here. I'm sure you can do your own research :). My fav way to have avocados? Topped with lime juice, salt and pepper on the side of egg white onion capsicum omelette and a toast of walnut bread.
These petite avaocado hills is a an easy recipe to follow. Especially if you have an overload of avocados and you want a quick way to use them up.
Ingredients (for 5 hills topped with salsa)
Tomato Cilantro Salsa
1 large tomatoe, seeds removed and chopped finely
1 small red onion, chopped finely
Juice of 1/2 lemon juice
2 sprigs of coriander leaves, chopped finely
3 ripe avocados
Juice of 1/2 a lemon
1. Place all the ingredients for the salsa in a bowl and mix them up.
2) Next, peel and pit the ripe avacodoes and mash the flesh with lime juice, salt and pepper.
3) Get a long serving plate and start assembling the avocado hills with salsa.Take spoons of the mashed avocado mix and place into a small ramekin bowl and press it tight. Then use a small knife to go around the sides and quickly place it upside down onto the serving plate. Do for the other hills similarly.
4) Top with the already prepared salsa and also decorate the entire plate with additional salsa.
5) Serve individually to your guests to avoid the mess of lifting up the avocado hills. Enjoy your guilt-free so good for you snack.