Aloo Gobi is hugely popular because of its intense flavor and is found in all the menus in Indian restaurants throughout the world. It would make a wonderful delicious side dish for your next North Indian meal at home.
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 1/2 head cauliflower, cut into medium florets
- 2 medium potatoes, skinned and cut into medium sized cubes
- 1/2 cup peas
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 onion, chopped fine
- 1 tsp mix of ginger and garlic paste
- 2 tsp Kitchen King Masala powder (See Picture below - found in most indian grocery stores)
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 3 cups of water
- chopped coriander leaves, extra for garnishing
- Heat a deep pot and fry the cumin seeds in oil.
- Then, add the chopped onions and fry for 2-3 mins.
- Add the ginger garlic paste, frying further.
- Add the Kitchen King spice powder and again fry a little while more.
- Pour in the 1/2 cup of tomato sauce, salt and give it a mix.
- Add 3 cups of water and add in the potato cubes first since they would take a little longer to cook. After around 8 minutes, the water would have reduced.
- Add in the cauliflorets, peas and chopped coriander leaves.
- Cover the pot,and on high heat, the cauliflorets would have been fully cooked after 5-10 mins. The water would have been completely evaporated too.
- Serve warm garnished with more coriander leaves.