- An extract of the sweet potato leaves was found to be extremely effective in killing prostrate cancer cells in a study, killing 94%of them.
- It slows the growth of prostrate tumors by 75% in lab experiments.
- Other research has shown that these super greens are also active against breast, lung, colon, stomach cancer and leukemia.
- Sweet potato leaves help to boost immunity and lower blood sugar levels.
- And if you need an energy boost, these leaves may just be the greens for you. It significantly relieved fatigue, increased exercise capacity and even boosted muscle glycogen levels!
Sweet Potato leaves are an excellent source of potent antioxidants called polyphenols and they are one of the most alkalizing vegetables out there. It makes me wonder if Sweet Potato leaves are the next Superfood?
I was introduced to all these nutrient info by a Cooking Frenz member -Ms Shirley Lee. She gave me valuable tips on how to prepare these leaves. I came up with some additional ingredients to power up the dish even more. It is especially good for all the men in our household. It didn't take long for my husband Anand to gobble this up when I told him how good these sweet potato leaves are for his prostrate!
500 gm of sweet potato leaves
1/2 a block of firm tofu
3 garlic cloves, sliced long
1 bird's eye chilli, sliced
Light soy sauce - 1 to 2 tbsp
1) Prepare the tofu, garlic and chilli.