Deliciously quick & easy vegetarian/vegan recipes
My girls and I enjoy watching Vah Reh Vah cooking videos on YouTube. Its not so much for the recipes but its more for the laughter they beget. The chef Mr Sanjay Thumma popularly known as Vah Chef is an Indian chef and founder of the his cooking website vahrehvah.com. What we enjoy most about his videos is the quantity of the ingredients he understates. He'll say 2 tbsps oil and pour in a cup of oil! Or he'll say a tsp of salt and he'll add like a whole lot of it. Everytime we see him doing that and the way he relishes his own dishes at the end makes us roll over with laughter. Its one of our bonding times on Friday nights.
While enjoying a particular bonding time last Friday, we chanced upon a delicious Simple Egg Curry which Riya was drooling over and requested me to cook that weekend. Using pressure cooker and cooking on high steam, the tomato curry base looked super delicious. So I attempted this Easy Indian Egg Curry over the weekend. It turned out quite yummy, I must say. My recipe below is adjusted for a smaller quantity.
Ingredients (for 4 eggs)
2 tbsps canola oil
2 large onions, chopped finely
2 tsps ginger garlic paste
1 green chilli, sliced thinly
1 tsp cumin powder
1 tsp chilli powder
1 tsp turmeric powder
2 tsps coriander powder
Salt per your preference
2 extra large or 4 medium tomatoes, chopped small
1 tbsp tomato paste
1 cup water
1 stalk of curry leaves
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
1/2 tsp urad dal
2 sprigs of coriander leaves, chopped roughly for garnish
1) In a small pressure cooker, fry the onion, chilli slices and then the ginger garlic paste.
2) Then add in the spices and salt.
3) Continue cooking for a few minutes then add in the chopped tomatoes, tomato paste and water. Mix well and cook for a few more mins.
4) Cover the pressure cooker, put on the weight and let the cooker whistle. 5-6 whistles over a span of 10-15 mins on medium heat.
5) Boil the eggs in the meantime.
6) Switch off fire and let the pressure cooker cool. After 10 mins, open the pressure cooker. You will have a yummy tomato curry now. Taste for salt and season accordingly.
7) Make the tempering mix by frying the mustard seeds, urad dal and the curry leaves and pour this mix without the oil onto the curry.
8) Add the eggs, mix well and garnish with coriander leaves.
Hi guys! I'm Nilofar Iyer and I have shared my dishes here for you to cook for your own family and friends with love and most importantly with their long term good health in mind.