Deliciously quick & easy vegetarian/
Chervil is a delicate herb related to parsley. Sometimes called French parsley or garden chevril, it is commonly used to season mild flavoured dishes and is one of the essential ingredients in the French cuisine along with other herbs like chives, parsley and terragon. This easy warm potato salad is light and tastes different from our usual mayonnaise potato salads we are used to.
Ingredients (serves 4 as a side)
10 small new potatoes
3 tbsps olive oil
Juice of 1/2 a lemon
Salt & Pepper
2 tbps chopped chervil leaves
1 tbsps chives, chopped
1 tbsps terragon, chopped
Make sure you get the potatoes with very thin skin so you don't have to peel them. Wash and boil the potatoes in salt for 10-15 mins till they are just cooked. Not overcooked. We aren't making mashed potatoes.
2) Meanwhile, make the vinegrette by first whisking the olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper till they are well emulsified. Then, add in the chopped herbs.
3) Drain the potatoes when they are cooked. Mix the vinegrette with boiled potatoes, check for seasonings and serve immediately.
What a brilliant way to incorporate a guacamole and tomato salsa? And to serve this as starters to your guests will be a great way to get your guests go wow at your culinary skills and your ingenuity. I love avocados. Its green creamy flesh sits very well with me. And its so good for us too. Avocadoes offers nearly 20 vitamins in every serving, including potassium, lutein and folate. I'm not going too much into details here. I'm sure you can do your own research :). My fav way to have avocados? Topped with lime juice, salt and pepper on the side of egg white onion capsicum omelette and a toast of walnut bread.
These petite avaocado hills is a an easy recipe to follow. Especially if you have an overload of avocados and you want a quick way to use them up.
Ingredients (for 5 hills topped with salsa)
Tomato Cilantro Salsa
1 large tomatoe, seeds removed and chopped finely
1 small red onion, chopped finely
Juice of 1/2 lemon juice
2 sprigs of coriander leaves, chopped finely
3 ripe avocados
Juice of 1/2 a lemon
1. Place all the ingredients for the salsa in a bowl and mix them up.
2) Next, peel and pit the ripe avacodoes and mash the flesh with lime juice, salt and pepper.
3) Get a long serving plate and start assembling the avocado hills with salsa.Take spoons of the mashed avocado mix and place into a small ramekin bowl and press it tight. Then use a small knife to go around the sides and quickly place it upside down onto the serving plate. Do for the other hills similarly.
4) Top with the already prepared salsa and also decorate the entire plate with additional salsa.
5) Serve individually to your guests to avoid the mess of lifting up the avocado hills. Enjoy your guilt-free so good for you snack.
Hi guys! I'm Nilofar Iyer and I have shared my dishes here for you to cook for your own family and friends with love and most importantly with their long term good health in mind.