Deliciously quick & easy vegetarian/
Basic Banana Cake
Best way to use over ripe bananas? In a cake or bread loaf of course! The recipe below is an easy fool proof recipe for a very basic banana cake. Just involves whisking and mixing and baking! I will post about finessing this cake into a luxurious knee buckling pretty sinful Choc Ganache Banana Cake in the next post.
Ingredients (for two 8 inch or three 6 inch round cakes)
250gm self raising flour
1 and 1/2 tsp baking soda
150 gm caster sugar
4 over ripe bananas (roughly 480gm in weight with skin)
130gm/ml vegetable oil (canola/grapeseed/sunflower)
3 eggs, beaten
1) Preheat oven to 180 deg C fan mode. First peel and mash the bananas into a soggy mess. The bananas must be quite over ripe. The riper they are, the more fragrant and delicious the cake.
2) Into this, add the vegetable oil and beaten eggs. Whisk them together and set aside.
3) Sieve the flour and baking soda first and then add the sugar. Mix well.
4) Mix the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients.
5) Prepare 2 of 8 inch springform baking tin. Line the tins with baking sheet. I was making a double layered choc ganache cake today which explains why I have two tins lined with baking sheets. If you are using this recipe as a single cake, just pour the whole banana batter mix into one baking tin and bake (baking tin is slighly longer though at 40 -45 mins). For two cakes, measure the whole amount of batter without the mixing bowl and then divide by 2. Pare the kitchen scale and then pour half of the amount into each tin. So for example, if the total amount of batter is 1060 gm, each baking tin should have 530gm of batter.
6) Bake at 180 deg C for 25-30 mins Fan mode.
7) Use a slighly angled palette knife to loosen it on the sides and then disengage the base of the springform tin. Tip the cake over and place it right side up on a wire rack to cool.
Leave a Reply.
Hi guys! I'm Nilofar Iyer and I have shared my dishes here for you to cook for your own family and friends with love and most importantly with their long term good health in mind.