Deliciously quick & easy vegetarian/
A perfect accompaniment to Rasam, this dish is simply called Beans & Carrot Poriyal in Tamil. It also goes well with South Indian Vegetable curries like Sothi, Korma, Drumstick Potato curry etc.
2packets of French Beans
2 small carrots
1 medium onion
1 tsp pounded ginger
1 tsp turmeric powder
salt for preference
1 tsp mustard seeds
1 tsp urad dal
1/2 cup Moong dal with 2 cups of water boiled for 5 mins in pressure cooker with 1/2 tsp turmeric powder and salt
1) Wash and slice the beans and carrots into thin slices. Chop the onion small.
2) Heat the oil and fry the mustard seeds and urad dal.
3) Fry the ginger and chopped onions.
4) Add 1 tsp turmeric powder and salt.
5) Then add the sliced beans and carrots. Mix well.
6) Add half a cup of hot water, close the pot with a lid and let it cook. Mix regularly so the vegetables don’t stick to the base of the pot.
7) Once the vegetables are cooked, add the boiled Moong dal and mix well.
8) Switch off the fire and serve hot.
Hi guys! I'm Nilofar Iyer and I have shared my dishes here for you to cook for your own family and friends with love and most importantly with their long term good health in mind.