Deliciously quick & easy vegetarian/
Easy Mango Nut Bread
Mango is under utilised in cakes and muffins. Ripe mangoes are soft, sweet and can easily be mashed into the batter, much like the quintiessential bananas. I came across a certain variety of mangoes in my local neighbourhood. They were so juicy, so sweet and a little fibrous. I had to return for more. Overstocked with mangoes all of a sudden, I remembered an easy recipe for a Mango and Nut Bread incorporating nuts and ripe mangoes.
No creaming or melting. Lot of mixing only!!
Ingredients (1 loaf)
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
1 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup sugar (can reduce to 1/3 cup if you prefer a less sweeter loaf)
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup ripe mango flesh
1/2 cup chopped almonds/walnuts
1) Preheat the oven to 180 deg C or 350 deg F. Grease a loaf pan and line with grease proof paper. As always, get all the ingredients ready. From top left clockwise - all purpose flour, eggs, cubed mangoes and sugar.
2) From top left, clockwise - vegetable oil, chopped almonds, vanilla essence (centre), salt and baking soda.
3) Place all the wet ingredients into a mixing bowl - vanilla essence, oil and eggs. Whisk for a few mins till mixed well.
4) Place all the dry ingredients into another bowl and mix.
5) Add in the egg mix into this bowl and mix lightly.
6) Add in the cubed mangoes and chopped almonds.
7) Mix gently so as to leave the air in the batter. Thorough over mixing will result in the air escaping from the batter which would give a flat bread. Pour into a prepared bake loaf - what a lovely yellow hue.
8) Bake for 50-60 mins or until the skewer comes out clean.
9) At the 30 min mark, this is how it looked.
10) The final loaf at 50 mins. A gorgeous golden brown broken crust. Enjoy with your favorite cuppa!
Hi guys! I'm Nilofar Iyer and I have shared my dishes here for you to cook for your own family and friends with love and most importantly with their long term good health in mind.