We celebrated Eidul Adha at my mom's place yesterday Sep 12th. She had prepared these cutlets especially to please my 12 year daughter Riya who loves anything made with potatoes. These are easy to prepare and delicious. I have shallow fried them instead of deep frying. It was a good accompaniment to her Basmati Rice, Brinjal and Spicy Garbanzo Beans curry.
Ingredients (makes 16 cutlets )
6 small potatoes, boiled and mashed
1/2 cup onion, chopped finely
1 tsp ginger, chopped finely
1 red chilli, sliced very thin
1/2 cup baby green peas, boiled for 3 mins in microwave.
3 tbsps chickpea flour
1/2 tsp ground white pepper
1) Boil the potatoes in salted water. Skin and mash them when cooked. Set aside.
2) Get the other ingredients ready.
3) Lightly roast the chickpea flour so that the raw taste disappears. Keep it aside.
4) Fry the onion, ginger and red chilli in 2 bsps of canola oil.
5) Then add, the salt, white pepper and the green peas.
6) Remove from pot and pour this mixture into the mashed potatoe.
7) Mix well and then add the roasted besan flour.
8) Mix everything well and check for salt. Then start rolling into balls and flattening them into discs (roughly around 1.5 inches).
9) Shallow fry with minimal oil on medium heat till golden brown on both sides.
10) Remove and drain the oil on kitchen towel. Serve warm with ketchup, chilli sauce or mint coriander chutney.
Hi guys! I'm Nilofar Iyer and I have shared my dishes here for you to cook for your own family and friends with love and most importantly with their long term good health in mind.