Deliciously quick & easy vegetarian/
Easy Spinach & Mushroom Pie
Quiches are savory pies made with a short crust pastry. It can be rather time consuming making the pastry, blind baking them and then adding in the filling and then baking them again. A crustless version is easier and even though we may miss the yummy buttery crust, having no crust helps us to dig into the filling direct. Agree? :)
I have used the most basic of vegetarian filling - spinach and mushrooms, with skim milk and Parmesan and Mozarella cheese. It is so easy that the prepartion takes barely 30mins and another hour for cooking and baking. Spinach and Mushroom Pie will make a great party dish and will be an awesome breakfast surprise for your weekend family time too!
Ingredients (for 6 slices)
1 tbsp canola oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
200gm button mushrooms, washed and sliced thinly
125 gm fresh baby spinach, washed
4 large eggs (reduce to 3 if you are watching your cholesterol)
1 cup skim milk
1/4 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
1/2 cup grated Mozarella Cheese
Salt & Pepper
1) Preheat the oven to 180 deg C or 350 deg F. Coat a 9-inch pie dish with olive oil spray and leave it aside.
2) Gather all the ingrdients. TOP Picture - Sliced mushrooms, washed baby spinach, canola oil and minced garlic. BOTTOM Picture - salt, pepper, skim milk, Parmesan Cheese, Mozarella cheese and eggs.
3) Heat the canola oil in a pan and fry the minced garlic for 2 mins. Then add in the sliced mushrooms with a pinch of salt and pepper.
4) Once the mushrooms have cooked , add in the spinach and let it wilt.
5) After 3-5 mins, it will look like this. There will be a lot of water from the mushroom and spinach. If you cant wait for all this moisture to evaporate, just pour away the water like I did. Keep aside.
6) Get a mixing bowl and whisk the eggs, skim milk and Parmesan cheese together. Season with salt and pepper.
7) Pour the sauted spinach and mushroom into the oiled pie dish and spread it out evenly.
8) Pour the egg mixture into the pie pan.
9) Spread the mozarella cheese all over.
10) Bake in the preheated oven for 40 45 mins or till the crust is golden brown.
11) Enjoy your crustless Spinach and Mushroom Pie !
3/18/2017 01:54:03 am
Yummy and healthy. Veggies and eggs together makes a filling and protein packed dish.
3/18/2017 09:21:19 pm
Yes it sure is very healthy - good for anytime of the day!
6/14/2017 10:41:11 pm
This dish is perfect for one who badly needs proteins and vitamins in every food. It is quite healthful and full of energy which increases blood and provides enzymes to body. We need to prefer this dish in the state when we are not well.
Leave a Reply.
Hi guys! I'm Nilofar Iyer and I have shared my dishes here for you to cook for your own family and friends with love and most importantly with their long term good health in mind.