This is a simple salad which my husband whips up on most mornings for his breakfast. It has carbs in the form of sweet potato slices, protein in tofu slices and the goodness of fenugreek leaves. The word Fenugreek has its origin in the Latin language and it actually means 'Greek hay'! I'm not kidding :)) Commonly used in Indian cuisine, fenugreek leaves are packed with many nutrients and helps to lower blood sugar levels, boosts testosterone and helps in increasing milk production in nursing mothers. Fenugreek leaves can be consumed both fresh and dried.
Ingredients (Serves 1)
2 tbsps canola oil
1 block of firm tofu, sliced into rectangle slices
2 tbsps dried feugreek leaves
1 sweet potatoe sliced and steamed
!/4 cup lemon juice
Toasted Sesame seeds, sliced spring onions and red chilli matchsticks for garnishing
1. Heat the canola oil on a skillet pan and shallow fry the tofu turning over on both sides till golden brown.
2. Add salt, pepper and the dried fenugreek leaves. Stir well.
3. Now add the sliced steamed sweet potato careful not to lose their shape.
4. Remove from fire and arrange in a bowl.
5. Pour lemon juice over and garnish with the toasted sesame seeds , sliced spring onions and red chilli.
Hi guys! I'm Nilofar Iyer and I have shared my dishes here for you to cook for your own family and friends with love and most importantly with their long term good health in mind.