I have never heard of Himalayan pink salt till I came across my sister-by-law Jenny using it to season a salad while at dinner at her place. Intrigued, I decided to do my research on why this condiment is so wonderful. Here is what I found out why we should use this salt instead of our regular white table salt.
What is Himalayan Pink Salt?
Contrary to what its name suggests, Himalayan pink salt does not come from the Himalayan regions. It actualy originates from the Punjab region of Pakistan some 190 miles from the Himalayas. It usually has on off white to transparent colour while impurities in some veins of salt gives it a pink or reddish tone. It is sold in coarse grains but you can also find it finely grained or even as blocks.
Regular table salt is usually highly processed and is very different from natural salt. Because of the conditions by which it was formed, Himalayan Pink Salt (HPS) is the purest of sea salts and is one of the best sources of natural minerals on our planet. Let's look at its incredible health benefits :
1) Better Digestion
Using HPS instead of table salt will help to better digest your food. Simply because, the natural nutrients in HPS can increase the ability of our gut to absorb other nutrients better. Better digestion will improve overall health.
2) Strengthens your Body
If you are prone to weak bones like for eg, if you have arthritis, rheumatism or if your bones break easily , regular use of HPS to season your food will help to strengthen your body back to its prime. Many of the minerals found in HPS help to maintain strong bones, connective tissues as well as assist in proper muscle regeneration and blood circulation.
3) Helps to balance the PH levels in your body
Our urine should have a PH level of between 6.5 and 7.25. The majority of our population with PH imbalance lean toward acidity (lower PH). Low PH levels are associated with kidney stones. This can be fixed by drinking lots of pure water, changing our diet to include lots of fresh fruits and vegetables or drinking sole. Sole? Yes sole (pronounced so-lay) is a fully saturated solution of water and HPS. Drinking a teaspoon of this elixir mixed with water in the morning daily will help to balance your PH levels in your body.
How to make Sole Solution :
Place 1/4 way of a glass jar with HPS crystals. Regular mason glass jar is good.
How do we consume Sole Solution?
Mix a teaspoon of the sole solution into a glass of water. Drink it first thing in the morning on an empty stomach. 84 essential ionized minerals will be coursing through your blood risght away!
3) It helps to lower blood pressure
When natural HPS is used in lieu of table salt, your bosy is able to process the minerals easily. Your body won't need all that extra water to clear out the sodium, resulting in less bloating and lowered blood pressure
4) Regulates Hydration
HPS is 85% sodium chloride and the remaining 15% is a mix of potassium, calcium, magnesium and bicarbonate. These 6 minerals are electrolytes which are essential for the proper functioning of the human body ie for bodily fluid regulation.
5) Clears your Sinus
Generally, salt water helps to clear your sinuses. HPS cleans them even better. It kills bacteria thoroughly and bonds to many contaminants that may be stuck to your nasal cavities because of breathing polluted air.
6) Cleanses the air around you
HPS Lamps acts as a natural air purifier by pulling moisture from the surrounding environment into the salt. Heat from the bulb quickly evaporates the moisture back into the air. But any toxins that were present in the earlier air are left behind trapped by the salt ions in the lamp.
7) Soothes away Soreness
A warm bath infused with HPS helps to relax tired sore muscles. The trace minerals found in HPS are absorbed through the skin to help heal damaged soft tissues and muscles.